A journey and an in-depth study of your own yoga practice and education, which provides you with a theoretical and practical foundation as a yoga instructor. Most of the training is practically focused on developing your own yoga practice and learning to adjust asana from Ashtanga Yoga, primary series. In addition to the theoretical teaching, participants are encouraged to self-study recommended literature and writings from the Indian yoga tradition.
Possible to participate as your own yoga immersion without practice. This includes: 4 weekend sessions, the closing day and participation in the colloquium meetings. The weekend collections are open as individual weekend courses if available space. Suitable for those who are familiar with Ashtanga yoga and have practiced half primary series.
Max. 10 participants
- Instructor education with 100 hours of instruction divided into:
- 4 weekend collections 4x16t = 64 h.
- 2 Saturday workshop with full primary guided (one as assistant) 2x3t = 6 h
- 4 Observation practice / adjustments divided by beginner, easily practiced 4x75min. = 5 h.
- 3 Observation practice / adjustments practiced 3x90min. = 4.5 t.
- 4 Observation practice / adjustments Mysore 4x105min. = 7 h.
- 12 guides of 30 min. before / after observation practice = 6 h.
- 1 Closing day with a review of theory and practice, and evaluation = 6.5 hours.
- 1 Individual conversation / guidance = 1 hour.
- Total 100 t.
Possible to attend the modules as individual courses if available space.
Friday at 17-20 Intro to Ashtanga yoga with practice and theory, breathing exercises and meditation
Saturday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Ashtanga Yoga Practice – Yoga Philosophy – Food and Yoga – Adjustments / Breathing Exercises – Meditation
Sunday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Ashtanga yoga practice – Yoga philosophy – Intro to Transformation journal – adjustments / adjustments – breathing exercises – meditation
Friday, 17 – 20 Relaxation, restorative yoga, Ashtanga yoga, breathing exercises, meditation.
Saturday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Ashtanga Yoga Practice – Yoga Philosophy – Pranayama / Meditation
Sunday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Ashtanga yoga practice – Chakra and Nadier – Transformation Journal – adjustments / breathing exercises – Pranayama / meditation
Friday at 17 – 20 The meditative aspect in Ashtanga yoga. Pranayama
Saturday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm My own practice Mysore – Yoga philosophy in theory and practice – adjustments / breathing exercises – Pranayama / meditation
Sunday 8:30 – 15:00 Self-Practice Mysore – Transformation Journal – Ethics – Adjustments / Adjustments – Breathing Exercises – Pranayama / Meditation
Friday at 17 – 20 The meditative in Ashtanga yoga. Pranayama
Saturday 8:30 – 15:00 My own practice Mysore – Yoga philosophy in theory and practice – adjustments / adjustments as instructor – Body, limits and proximity – breathing exercises – Pranayama / meditation –
Sunday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm My own practice Mysore – adjustments / adjustments – Instructor role – Ethics – Pranayama / meditation
2 Saturdays at 8.30am – 11.30pm:
Pranayama Workshop, guided full primary series. The workshop is open to the wishes of the participants: Yoga philosophy, playground with technique in head standing, handstand, back bend, adjustments and more.
Date comes later September-October-November
The Examine day
Closing day with a review of theory, practice and evaluation. Examine for those who want to practice as an instructor. Date is agreed with the participants
The yoga room will be open some Saturdays October 2020 – March 2021 for own practice from 8 am-10am and any colloquium afterwards.
During the period between the 3rd and 4th sessions, colloquial sessions are organized on Saturdays with theoretical and practical assignments. Yoga assistant Dina Berget is colloquially responsible on Saturdays. But participants are free to arrange their own collections.
The education is aimed at:
-Everyone who is familiar with Ashtanga yoga and practicing actively.
-All who want to immerse themselves in their own yoga practice.
-Anyone who wants to increase understanding of body, breathing and movement.
-Everyone who wants to practice as a yoga instructor.
Yoga instructors who need personal, practical and professional refills.
The aim of the education is that the participants:
- Gain insight into and understanding of the philosophy behind Ashtanga yoga, the 8 limbs / levels and the vinyasa system.
- Teaches Ashtanga yoga Primary series, 57 asana / yoga exercises, order and names.
- Learn about the individual asana: effect, what they help for and what organs they benefit / balance / cleanse.
- Gain increased insight and understanding of one’s own body, breathing, movement and various asana / positions.
- Immerse yourself in your own yoga practice.
- Integrates theory into practice. (Unites theory and practice)
- Can observe a person holistically with body, breath, movements, asana and can make necessary
adjustments / adjustments that contribute to growth for the person.
- Achieves personal and professional development and growth.
- Acquires knowledge of ethical aspects and boundaries as a yoga instructor
All weekend modules will include:
- Full practice of Ashtanga yoga Primary series.
- Adjustments / adjustments from the entire Primary series.
- Pranayma and breathing exercises.
- Meditation / guided meditation.
- Teaching theory and practice. (See theoretical and practical content)
The philosophy behind Ashtanga yoga and the vinyasa system.
What effect the various asana / yoga exercises have on the body, organs and mind.
Ashtanga Yoga is based on eight levels / branches:
Yama, which has five underlying levels: Ahimsa (non-violence), Satya (honesty), Asteya (non-stealing), Brahmacharya (continence), Aparigraha (non-desire) Niyama, which also has five underlying levels: Saucha (purifying), Santosha (being happy), Tapas (discipline), Swadhyaya (self-searching), Ishwarapranidhana (surrendering) Asana - physical positions Pranayama - Breathing exercises where you learn to control the vital energy Pratyahara - Retract your senses Dharana - Concentration Dhyana - Meditation Samadhi - Bliss / Body and soul become one with everything around us.
Chakra and Nadier.
Food and yoga.
What is Pain? How to practice yoga with injuries and pain?
The role of instructor.
Mental and practical preparation as instructor before, during and after teaching.
Breathing exercises and pranayama.
Practical approach of the 8 branches / levels.
Review of all the asana / yoga exercises from Primary Series 57 asana.
Adjustments / adjustments of the asana / yoga exercises from the Primary series.
Observation practice / adjustments of beginner, practiced and Mysore
3 weeks practice / tutorial with diet, silence and meditation.
Homework assignments / log.
The entire education 100 hours including compendium, material, tea and fruit.
Own in depth study: 4 modules, closing day, colloquial modules including compendium, material, tea and fruit
Weekend collections as individual courses including material, tea and fruit per module.